Health experts say the evidence is clear that masks can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and that the more people wearing masks, the better.
The main value of wearing a mask is to protect other people. If the person wearing the mask is unknowingly infected, wearing a mask will reduce the chance of them passing the virus on to others.
For people at increased risk of severe respiratory illnesses, physical distancing is most important. If you cannot maintain physical distance, wearing a mask is an important protective measure.
For people who choose to wear a mask it is important to wear it properly:
- wash or sanitise your hands before putting it on or taking it off
- make sure the mask covers your nose and mouth and fits snugly under your chin, over the bridge of your nose and against the sides of your face
- do not touch the front of your mask while wearing or removing it
- do not allow the mask to hang around your neck or under your nose
- wash and dry reusable masks after use and store in a clean dry place
Hiptease are now selling 3 reusable mask designs for those who want to look great while being safe.
Available in black, leopard and polka-dot prints, they have a 100% cotton inner lining for comfort.